- Save the Date! For Women in Lodging Members: Navigating the Legislative Process – January 27, 2015, 7:30-10:00a.m., The MODERN Honolulu
- Discounted exhibit space: 2015 Hawaii Lodging, Hospitality & Foodservice Expo (July 8 & 9, 2015)
- HLTA events calendar has been updated for 2015
- Mayors’ Charity Walk Challenge Winner and Results Announced
- 2014 Legislative Update
- “Saturday Briefing” by Dr. Richard Kelley, Outrigger Hotels & Resorts
HAWAI‘I – The results are in! The Mayors of Kaua‘i, O‘ahu, Maui and Hawai‘i Island have been participating in a friendly competition to raise money for the annual Hawai‘i Lodging & Tourism Association’s (HLTA) Visitor Industry Charity Walk, which took place in May.
The County with the largest percentage growth over the previous year was announced as Hawai‘i Island, which raised a total of $276,218, amounting to a 21 percent increase from 2013. As a reward, Mayor Billy Kenoi of Hawai‘i Island received a special Koa wood slipper plaque that symbolizes the Walk.
Overall, the 36th annual Visitor Industry Charity Walk raised a record-breaking $1,887,010, a 12.9 percent increase from 2013.
Read the full press release: VICW 2014 Mayors Challenge Results
For information on the legislative process, the Hawai‘i State Legislature has a wonderful resource called “A Citizen’s Guide to Participation in the Legislative Process,” which you can find here.
You may also view the bills, status of bills, committee reports & hearing notices at the legislative website: http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov